Friday, May 9, 2014

Yarn Adoption Update

Well, I must admit I'm surprised.
Who knew there were so many people willing to send money to a complete stranger in exchange for yarn sight unseen?
Over the past two days, 40 Yarn Adoption shares have been claimed by 20 different people. That means I've found new homes for yarn with a retail value of well over $2000.

The few skeins that remain are being donated to a local church for their charity knitting program.
To all who adopted yarn, THANK YOU! I hope you and your new skeins are very happy together. To those who wanted to think about it for a day or two, I'm sorry. As my brothers would happily say, "You snooze, you lose."

I had a tremendous amount of fun matching yarn to requests. It was like shopping for presents for a bunch of people I don't know. If you were an adopter, I'd love to see what you make with your yarn.

What else have I been up to? I just finished spinning a project that I assigned myself as a challenge. I took up spinning less than 3 years ago, and it gives me an enormous amount of pleasure. Last year, I was given 3 ounces of natural golden Muga silk top as a gift. I'll admit I was a bit intimidated. But last month I decided to tackle it. I wanted to spin a fine, tight, even 3-ply yarn. Here is the result, with a penny included for scale.

It is far from perfect, but I'm proud. I think it will knit into beautiful lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment