Saturday, February 15, 2014

Warming up for Stitches West

We are less than a week away from Stitches West! I'm doing my best to wrap up lots of work before leaving for a few days surrounded by knitters and crocheters. I have several things I'd like to share with you.


First, I was proud to be invited to contribute to the Halos of Hope Designer Invitational Hat Collection. Halos of Hope is an organization founded by the remarkable Pam Haschke to collect and distribute handmade hats to cancer centers around the country. Your purchase of my pattern, or any pattern from this collection, will help fund these efforts. Click on over to their website to learn about their mission and how you can help.
My design was inspired by the cloche style hats popular in the 1920's and 30's. I've always been struck by how the slightly flared brim of these hats frames the face and focuses attention on the eyes. In a soft cotton yarn, this hat will be ultra comfortable, whether or not you have hair.


I've also been designing lots of new projects for my friends at Kollage Yarns, featuring the newest addition to their line - Happiness. This superwash merino wool is spun and hand-dyed in the USA, and comes in fingering, DK and worsted weights.

Mitts yet to be named


Since getting this yarn last month at TNNA, I've made 3 hats, 2 cowls and shawl and a pair of long fingerless mitts. Kits for these designs will be available in the Kollage Yarns booth at TNNA (booth #824). That's also where you'll find me - I'll be working in the booth all weekend. Please stop in and say hello!
Maritsa Cowl
Arches Hat
Tidepool Shawl

3 comments:

  1. Will the pattern for the Maritsa cowl be available at some point in time - I love the cowl with the extended vee in front!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy - The Maritsa pattern will be available at Stitches West this weekend. If you aren't able to make it to Stitches, keep you eye on the Kollage Yarns website - the pattern will be for sale there within the next month or so. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
    2. Thank you - I will look for it on their website - had already checked before I asked you about it. But I will give it a bit and try again. I looks so perfect for those open neck coats or vee neck sweaters, to fill the gap but not provide any extra bulk like a shawl or scarf tied to cover the open skin.

      Delete